Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Which is better?...

I'm sitting here thinking about all of the loved ones I have lost and the recent loss of a classmate...RIP Rarnisha...and I started thinking...What do you tell someone that has lost somebody close to them? I know for me in the past year...hearing "I'm sorry for your lost" became old and started to piss me off because I began thinking how can you truly be sorry for my loss when you're not going through what I'm going through. How can you truly be sorry for my loss when only me and God (and the me is pushing it at times) know the pain I'm feeling. You get tired of everybody being sorry and you begin to crave for them to know the pain that you feel because you think that only you are suffering this painful punishment and you can't figure out why. You become so wrapped up in your own feelings that you forget about everyone around you and the pain that they feel and possibly the pain that you are causing them. So the question that I had is...Is it better to tell someone you are sorry for their loss or is it better to just say nothing?...For me saying you're sorry for one's loss is just something you automatically say out of respect, but lets take into account how hearing the same thing over and over can make one feel that has just had their world shaken up...you start feeling like people don't really mean it...its just the right thing to say at the time...but on the other hand...if you don't say anything at all, people think you're cold-hearted and disrespectful...so...this is one of those situations where I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place...wondering to be sorry or to be nothing?...

~Shaunta~

No comments:

Post a Comment